Free Outdoor Yoga in Des Moines 2019
Yoga. As a parent, we need a little “me” time. Yoga is the perfect way to relax, meditate, stretch, meet other people, and have fun. We are very lucky to have so many opportunities to enjoy some free outdoor yoga in Des Moines. I have collected an awesome list of places and dates where you can enjoy some “me” time.
Note: We will be updating this post throughout the season as more free outdoor yoga series are announced.
- Wagner Park; Corner of West 1st and NW Ash Drive
- Saturday; 8 to 9 a.m.
- May 25 – August 31
- Saturdays; 9 to 10 a.m.
Des Moines Parks and Recreation and UnityPoint Health-Des Moines invite you to kick off your weekend with a free weekly yoga session each Saturday morning from June 1st – September 30th at the Clare and Miles Mills Rose Garden in Greenwood Park located at 4800 Grand Avenue.
- Located at Terra Park in Johnston, Iowa.
- 8 to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, May 25; Saturday, June 1, 8 & 29; Saturday, July 6, 13 & 27
- Ted Lare Design Build & Garden Center; 2701 Cumming Ave., Cumming
- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16, 23 & 30
- Buxton Park; 210 W Girard Ave
- Saturday at 9 a.m.
- June 1 – September 28
- North Lawn at West Des Moines City Hall
- Sunday at 9 a.m.
- June 2 – August 25
- For ages 6 years or older
- Every Wednesday, June 5 – October 9
- Noon to 1 p.m.
- Cowles Commons
- Enjoy a free yoga session in the Commons led by professional instructors. All levels and abilities are welcome. In case of inclement weather, the session will move indoors.
- Saturday, June 8, July 13 and August 10
- 8: 30 a.m.
- Bring a friend and enjoy a free smoothie after class.