Des Moines Parent is an online community for central Iowa parents. We provide tips, ideas, events, activities, and suggestions to get fellow parents through the day. Our target audience includes families with children of all ages. We also include fun date night ideas too!
We offer several different methods to keep families in the know.
- Free event calendar
- Free app available for Android and iPhone devices.
- Travel reviews
- Des Moines Outdoor Fun is now a part of Des Moines Parent. Follow along for all things outdoors.
- Weekly email newsletter. This is the BEST way to keep track of what fun is going on in central Iowa weekly.
- Date night ideas, because mom + dad needs a night out too.
- Seasonal ultimate guides. This is the place to look each season for special holiday ideas, indoor/outdoor activities, camps, and more.
- Annual Summer Camp Fair hosted in February.
- Every summer host the annual Trek the Parks Challenge that runs June through August.
- Runs the annual Des Moines Parent Family Favorite Awards.
About Owner Erin Huiatt
In April 2015, Erin Huiatt, mother of two and wife to Travis, purchased Des Moines Parent from the previous owner Thomas Brogan. She wanted to continue to grow and add to this awesome resource for central Iowa parents.
Erin sits on the board for the Des Moines Children’s Museum and is President of FemCity Des Moines. Erin is a reliable resource and stepping stone for parents to find support and make connections within her community and beyond. Learn more about Erin and her journey in Des Moines, Iowa.