Free Outdoor Yoga in Des Moines 2018
Yoga. As a parent, we need a little “me” time. Yoga is the perfect way to relax, meditate, stretch, meet other people, and have fun. We are very lucky to have so many opportunities to enjoy some free outdoor yoga in Des Moines. I have collected an awesome list of places and dates where you can enjoy some “me” time.
- Located at Terra Lake Park in Johnston
- 8 to 9 a.m.
- June 30, July 7, July 21 and August 4
- Bring your yoga mat and join professional Power Life Yoga instructors
- Ankeny Bandshell; 4120 West 1st Street
- Saturday; 8 to 9 a.m.
- May 5 – September 29
Beginning Saturday, June 2 enjoy free yoga at Gray’s Lake on the southeast lawn. Classes are taught each week by volunteer instructors from around the Metro Area. Yoga begins at 9 a.m. and lasts one hour.
- Buxton Park; 210 W Girard Ave
- Saturday at 9 a.m.
- June 2 – September 29
- Men + Women ages 18 and older
All classes are free to attend and will be led by a certified yoga instructor. They welcome all experience levels so bring a mat or towel and we’ll see you on the green space every Saturday morning in June.
- 3 dates: June 30, July 14 and August 18
- Starts at 9 a.m.
- Bring a friend and enjoy a smoothie after class.
- North Lawn at West Des Moines City Hall
- Sunday at 9 a.m.
- June 3 – August 26
- For ages 6 years or older
- Cowles Commons
- June 27 – September 26
- Noon to 1 p.m.
- All levels and abilities welcome. In case of inclement weather, the session will move indoors if possible. Please bring a yoga mat, water, towel and a friend to join!
June 13 at 5:30 p.m. at Union Park
June 16 at 12 p.m. at Dogpatch Urban Gardens
June 23 at 10 a.m. at Railroad Park in Valley Junction
June 30 at 10 a.m. at Active Endeavors
July 14 at 7 a.m. at The Riverwalk Hub
July 18 at 5:30 p.m. at Ashby Park
July 29 at 12 p.m. at Jasper Winery
August 8 at 5:30 p.m. at Cowles Commons
August 22 at 5:30 p.m. at Colby Park