Wilderness Getaway at Stoney Creek Inn Hotel in Des Moines
If you are looking for a weekend getaway or a spot to stay on your travels to or through Des Moines, Iowa Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect place to stay and play. This rustic-themed Iowa hotel features an indoor pool and outdoor pool, a hot tub, fun rooms, a complimentary continental breakfast, wireless internet access and so much more. Take a look at all the reasons you should plan a wilderness getaway at Stoney Creek Inn Hotel.
Stoney Creek has several locations of hotels across the Midwest. They all offer the same welcoming feel and similar amenities. Stoney Creek Hotel Des Moines – Johnston is located perfectly off Interstate 35 in Johnston, Iowa a suburb of the state capital, Des Moines. This convenient location is just miles from West Des Moines and a 10-minute drive to downtown Des Moines.
Address: 5291 Stoney Creek Court, Johnston, IA 50131
Hotel Rooms and Suites for Every Traveler
The rooms and unique decor are a ton of fun! Families will enjoy the bunk beds available in the Expanded King Bunk Bed Suite or if you need even extra room they offer full kitchens in their Themed Suite with Kitchenette Room. Enjoying a romantic getaway with a loved one? You can book a Theme Suite with Whirlpool Tub to enjoy by the stone fireplace. Business travelers can enjoy a simple Deluxe Room with access to the 24-hour business center and laundry services. No matter the room type there truly is a room and amenity for everyone! We really enjoyed the guest rooms and how much room we were able to have as a family of four.
Amenities to Keep You Comfortable
From the moment we walked into the hotel the friendly staff made us feel at home. Some notable big-city amenities that were included in our stay and/or within our room included:
- Fitness Center
- Indoor/Outdoor Pool which was a hit for the kids during a very wintery spring break! They loved the fun decor and the fact it looked like were swimming through a tree to get outside.
- Hot Tub to warm up and relax in
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-Screen TVs in each room with a great selection of channels to watch
- Hair dryers
- Ironing board
- Complimentary newspapers
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast was a huge hit for our family. After a day of swimming and sleeping in it was great to know we could head downstairs to grab some yummy food to fuel up for another day of fun. The kids really enjoyed the pancake machine!
- The gift shop came in really handy when we ran out of “good” snacks I packed for the trip. They headed down to pick out something tasty to snack on.
Special Events and Birthday Parties
Stoney Creek Inn Hotel is not just a place to sleep! If you are looking to host a large celebration or an intimate gathering they offer many different packages to help support you in planning a special day. The beautiful hotel is also perfect for hosting conferences. The Northwoods Ballroom seating or Pioneer Room seating options are endless. The conference center offers hundreds of square feet to help with your specific needs.
If you are looking for a creative birthday party idea, this is a super fun place to celebrate! They offer several birthday party packages for hotel guests or non-hotel guests.
- Guppy – Three-hour private party room rental. Two hours of swimming time during your party room rental. Up to 20 people for $225.
- Goldfish – Three-hour private party room rental. Two hours of swimming time during your party room rental. Includes pizza + soda. Prices depend on the number of people starting at $275.
- Baby Shark – Three-hour private party room rental. Two hours of swimming time during your party room rental. Includes pizza, soda, cookies, and ice cream treats! Prices depend on the number of people starting at $315.
Things To Do in the Area
The wonderful thing about Des Moines is there are many communities that have a small-town feel while making up a large city filled with endless things to do. You are not from the Iowa State Fairgrounds (save this handy-dandy kids guide), Wells Fargo Arena, Drake University, Des Moines Art Center, Science Center, local parks, Blank Park Zoo, and more.