Iowa State Fair 2021: For the Kids
Before we know it the
Elwell Family Park
New for 2021 is Elwell Family Park which will host the Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pulls, Monster Truck Thunder, and Domination Motorsports Demolition Derby. These shows require tickets. Take a look at all the options here.
This year everyone’s favorite attraction, the Giant Slide is moving to a new spot! No worries it will still provide all the fun for all ages.
You can see
to learn and play!
- which includes a chicken coop, cattle barn, and more.
- Blue Ribbon Kids Club Tent:
- Thursday, August 12 – Fairfield and Friends Ribbon Quest Book Day at Kids’ Club
- Friday, August 13 – Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation – My Family’s Farm – Day at Kids’ Club
- Monday, August 16 – Have You Herd? – Kids’ Club Style
- Tuesday, August 17 – Kids’ Club Contests Day
- Wednesday, August 18 – Pollination Celebration at Kids’ Club
- Thursday, August 19 – Wiggles and Giggles Day at Kids’ Club
- Friday, August 20 – Rainbow Gardens and Fresh Snacks Day at Kids’ Club
Enjoy fun views of attractions and the people from above! A fun way to get off your feet after walking around all day.
and a towel!
Enjoy STEM Day at the fair on Sunday, August 22. It is a fun and interactive day and is held on Extreme Sunday which is the lowest-priced day of the Iowa State Fair. The day is filled with hands-on activities centered around science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The Iowa STEM booth on the East end of the STEM exhibits will hand out FREE drawstring backpacks and take-home STEM activities. Once you’ve got hands-on with STEM, take a seat and enjoy a STEM stage performance.
The Iowa State Fair offers Thrill Parks. Thrill Parks consists of Thrill Ville, Thrill Town, and Thrill Zone..
- Thrill Ville: This includes the newest, fastest and most thrilling rides. This will be located between the Grandstand and Ye Old Mill.
- Thrill Town: These rides are perfect for little fairgoers and their families. There will even be stroller parking available. The rides are kid friendly, fun and clean. It will be located east of Gate 10 and directly north of the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center Lawn. This is perfect so you do not have to navigate through the larger Thrill Park areas.
- Thrill Zone: These rides are for those seeking breathtaking and heart-stopping rides. This is located on the southwest corner of the Fairgrounds.
Ye Old Mill
Ye Old Mill is the oldest and favorite ride for many families and couples. It is located next to the Midway on Grand Avenue. It offers riders the chance to relax on a smooth boat ride after a long day at the Fair.
. Thrill Town opens at 9 a.m.