WeWash Laundry Co. a 24-Hour Laundry Service in Des Moines
Life is busy and I am all for delegating the not-so-fun, pesky tasks. Whether it be cleaning or cooking if someone else’s passion is my pain, they can have it. Laundry day is one of those pesky tasks in my book. If you are located in Des Moines, Iowa you can now delegate another task! Two local moms have come together to provide a laundry delivery service so you can spend time where it matters most.
About the Founders
Claudia and Stephanie are the two rockstar moms behind WeWash Laundry Co. (formally known as WeWash DSM, but now has a new look). We all know my love for supporting women in business. They are two moms who took their hate for laundry and turned it into a business. Not just a business, but a delivery business. Who knew that the laundry industry was a thing? They get it. Life is full of kids’ activities, meetings, family get-togethers, homework, and so on. Laundry should not be another item on your to-do list. Let WeWash Laundry Co. take it over.
How it Works
I have shared our family’s experience with WeWash Laundry Co. before and I have received a ton of questions. So, how does this work?
- Head to WeWash Laundry Co. and click on the pink button labeled ‘Schedule a pickup’.
- Create your account.
- Select ‘Create New Order’.
- Select an option! WeWash Laundry Co. understands that every family is different and requires different laundry needs.
- Choose your pick-up date. They will pick up your laundry between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the date you select. You do not need to be home when they pick up or when they drop off. Just place your bag outside. If you have somewhere else you would like to place your bag, there is an area to make notes on your order.
- Input special instructions and preferences. Do you have certain shirts or pants that need to be on a hanger? Let them know! These notes will autosave, so you only have to remember once to tell them. They provide themselves taking the utmost care of everyone’s belongings.
- Select your detergent and dryer preference. I am not a huge fan of scented laundry detergent or fabric softener, so I was very pleased to see that you could select what type of detergent is used. They also have the option to provide your own detergent if you have very specific preferences.
- Enter billing.
- Place your order.
Approximately 12 hours before your pick-up time you will receive a text to remind you to place your laundry outside during your specific time window. And because we are parents and forget everything, you will also receive a text when the delivery driver is en route to your house so you can drop everything off and make sure it is out there. I am a huge fan of all the reminders for successful laundry pickup.
When your order is complete, you will receive an email with your receipt and your laundry within 24 hours. How cool is that?!
Approximately 12 hours before your pick-up time you will receive a text to remind you to place your laundry out. And because we are parents and forget everything, you will also receive a text when the driver is on their way.
When your order is complete, you will receive an email with your receipt and your laundry within 24 hours. How cool is that?!?
- Next-Day | $2.30 per pound
- Same-Day | $3.30 per pound (Yes! this is a thing)
On average our family of four has about 40 to 45 pounds of laundry per week. Which is crazy! I never knew how much we had until I started using WeWash Laundry Co. which makes me have an even bigger love for this next day laundry service.
Additional Costs | Duvet covers, bath mats, comforter, and other miscellaneous items. Take a look at their pricing list.
Give the Gift of More Time
I am a huge fan of gifting experiences and practical gifts. Whether it be a birthday gift, a Christmas gift, or a gift to a new parent nothing beats having your laundry washed, dried, and folded for you. WeWash Laundry Co. offers. Take a look at all of their gift options.
How do I get one of those amazing WeWash Laundry Co. bags?
There is a place to add one to your order when you are ordering online. They will return your laundry in that bag. Until then, or if you do not have a bag, you can place your laundry in a trash bag or any disposable bag for pick up.
Do I need to provide hangers?
No. WeWash Laundry Co. not only has adult hangers but kids’ ones too! We do place our hangers back in the bag each week at pick up so they can reuse them. If you have specific hangers you would like to use, include them in your bag.
Does WeWash Laundry Co. service everywhere?
Pretty much! They offer a ton of service areas which allows families all over the Greater Des Moines area to have easier access to this laundry service. Take a look at all service areas.
Follow WeWash Laundry Co.
Website: WeWash Laundry Co.