Sweet Valentine’s Day Breakfast
Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day” more than a super, sweet themed Valentine’s Day breakfast. We love to be a little extra in our family, so anything that involves frosting, sprinkles, strawberry milk, and more we are here for it!
My favorite part of this sweet breakfast is how simple it is to put together and you can grab all your ingredients online at Hy-Vee Aisles Online Grocery. Place the items in your cart (I even linked every item below for an easy add to your online cart) and have them delivered straight to your door. We all know that heading outdoors in negative degree weather (hello Iowa!) is not on the priority list.
Heart Shaped Pop-Tarts
My favorite thing about this recipe is it is super diverse. Make hearts for Valentines’ Day, trees for Christmas trees for the Holidays, or regular rectangles for any time of the year!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and remove your pie crust from the fridge. Let the crust warm up a bit. About 30 minutes or so. This makes it easier to work with!
- Lightly flour your counter and roll out the pie crust. NOTE: The thicker your hearts are the less you will be able to taste the filling, but if they are too thin they may be harder to work with. Just give the dough a couple of rolls and you should be good to go.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Mix the jam and cornstarch mixture in a bowl. The cornstarch is important so the jelly thickens and doesn’t ooze out of the pop tart. We also added some yummy Nutella. Feel free to get creative with what you add in the center.
- Use your cookie cutter and cut out your pie crust. You can take the scraps and re-roll the dough. It tends to get harder to work with, but it is manageable.
- Brush the base of the pop-tart with egg wash,. Top with 1 Tbsp of filling. Top with heart.
- Using a fork press the edges together to seal.
- Pick a hole in the middle of each pop-tart with a toothpick.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely and add icing.
- Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a half and half 1 tsp at a time until you get desired thickness.
Sprinkled Srawberry Milk
You are going to need something fancy to go along with your heart pop-tarts! Strawberry Milk surrounded by Valentine’s Day sprinkles is the perfect addition to your sweet Valentine’s Day breakfast.
- Take your mason jar glass (or any glass) and dip slowly into Marshmallow creme.
- Slowly dip into a shallow dish of sprinkles.
- Shake off excess.
- Pour Strawberry milk!
If you are close to a Hy-Vee, log-in to your online account, and simply click the item below to add it to your cart.
- Pre-made pie crust – I used one package and was able to make 5 large pop-tarts. Depends on the size of your cookie cutter.
- (1) Large egg
- 3/4 fruit jam – We used strawberry and Nutella.
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch – mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Half-and-Half
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Marshmallow Creme
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Strawberry milk
There you go! Grab all the ingredients for the sweetest Valentine’s Day breakfast for you and your family.