Reiman Gardens, located just across the parking lot from Jack Trice Stadium, is a year-round attraction that families should visit. You can enjoy 1,000 different butterflies of different species in an enclosed butterfly wing. Situated on a 17-acre site you will find distinct gardens all over with seasonal displays and don’t forget their fun gift shop! Reiman Gardens is known for its many special events including Spirits in the Gardens and Winter Wonderscape.
Spirits in the Gardens is a popular fall celebration and one of many Halloween great events filled with activities, storytelling, warm drinks, and hundreds of carved lit pumpkins scattered across the 17-acre campus. Dress up in your favorite costume for even more spooky fun and bring your bags so you can stroll around the gardens, and grab some candy during this family-friendly event.
Take a look at the 2022 Spirits in the Garden schedule
Friday, October 21, 7 to 9 p.m. – Jack-O-Lantern Sneak Peek
- See the Jack-O-Lanterns at their freshest. Please take note that there will be no candy, shows, or other entertainment on this night. If you are just interested in viewing the amazing Jack-O-Lanterns this night is for you!
Saturday, October 22 & Saturday, October 23 from 5 to 9 p.m.
- ISU SCUM
- Chemistry shows with fun chemistry experiments
- Simon Says
- ISU Juggling and Unicycling Club
- ISU Cosplay Club
All evening events
- See amazing Jack-O-Lanterns
- Hollusion hologram projections (best after sunset)
- Glowing orbs
- The Sycamore Falls lighted tower
- CANDY will be available ALL EVENING (5:00-9:00 PM) AT THE END OF THE ROUTE!
- BSA Troop 230 will be selling snacks and warm drinks near Lake Helen as a fundraiser.
- $15 Adult General Public
- $13 Adult Members & ISU Students
- $7 Youth (ages 2-12)
- Free for Youth under 2
Purchase tickets for this year’s Reiman Gardens’ annual Spirits in the Gardens here.
Timed tickets are for a specific day and entry time window. Buy your tickets early, as popular time slots sell out quickly! Advance tickets must be purchased online. Tickets are not refundable but are transferable to another person for the same date, time, and price category. The last entry is 9:00 PM. The event will take place rain, snow, or shine.
Reiman Gardens is located at 1407 University Blvd., Ames, IA 50011