Popup Camper Checklist – Be Prepared for Your Next Camping Adventure
** This post contains affiliate links.
If you have been here a bit you may know that we purchased a popup camper last summer. In the midst of a pandemic, our family was itching for traveling and adventure. Poppy the Popup has been one of the best things that happened to our family in 2020.
When we purchased Poppy I wanted to make sure we had a smooth process for whenever we were preparing for a camping trip. There are a lot of things to remember. After each camping trip, I would take note of something that came up that we needed. After a few trips, I finalized the ‘Popup Camper Checklist’. While this is labeled a ‘popup checklist’ it definitely can be used whether you are camping in a tent or RV.
Get the Kids Involved
This is also a great way to get the kids involved when packing. They can easily grab the list and begin checking things off in the camper, then you know what you need to restock. Many of these items we keep in our camper all year round and just re-stock throughout the season.
Also, many of these items, not every family will need. These are things we find important. Items are directly linked to Amazon so you can easily order if you would like. Feel free to write down your specific items under the ‘Other’ section before laminating.
Popup Camper Checklist
Outdoor + Kid Stuff
- S’mores + Supplies
- Bug Spray
- Aloe Vera
- Games – Some of our favorites are Jenga, Headbanz, and Trouble.
- Screened Room – We have not used it yet, but have it on hand just in case the bugs are really bad.
- Fishing Gear – This includes fishing poles, hooks, and bait.
- Bug Catcher – My kids are always discovering fun bugs. A fun activity for them.
- Lake/Pool Toys – Pool noodles, goggles, etc.
- Life Jackets
- Firewood – Double-check with your campground their rules of bringing in outside of firewood.
- Pie Irons – There are so many fun recipes using these. A great way to get creative when meal planning.
- Color + Activity Books – I love to dig through the Target bins for these!
- Bike/Scooters + Helmet
- Magnatiles – A fun activity for inside the camper or out on the picnic table.
- Paint + Paint Brushes for Rock Painting – Our kids love to find rocks and paint them.
- Fire Starters
- Magical Flames – These are so much fun! You will be the hit of the campground.
- Chairs – Comfy, rocking chairs are definitely worth the splurge.
- Lights for Outside – We love to add a little sparkle to our canopy at night.
- T.V. – Not always needed, but we like to have this on hand just in case of bad weather.
- Flashlights – We love these mini flashlights so each kid has one and can play flashlight tag.
- Outdoor Music – This is what we use!
- Chargers – Phone, tablets, etc. If any of your equipment such as stereo or lanterns are battery charged. Do not forget those!
- Folding Drying Rack – We do not have much room inside our camper so this is great to dry towels and swimsuits.
- Toilet Paper – Make sure you plan ahead. If you have a porta-potty you may need to use special toilet paper.
- Space Heaters – Camping in the early Spring or Fall? Make sure you have it on hand!
- Portable Fan – There are tons of options, but having one on hand is great to have in the camper or outside when it gets super hot during the Summer.
- First Aid Kit – Obvious reasons always make sure you have one. We always break into ours during a camping trip.
- Small Broom + Dust Pan or Handheld cordless vacuum – You will track in a bunch of dirt easily. Having one of these on hand helps with quick clean-up.
- Jumbo Clothespin – These will come in handy for all sorts of things such as holding tablecloths on the table, hanging lights, securing trash bags, etc.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Utility Room (Shelter Tent Camping Shower) – We do not have a bathroom or shower in our popup camper. Depending on how far we are from the bathrooms at our campsites we set this up with our porta potty for quick trips to the bathroom. You can also set up a shower inside.
- Extension Cords – This is one of those things to always just store in your camper. You never know when the need may arise.
- Step Stool – We use ours as an extra step to get in and out of the camper. It also comes in handy when setting up our popup.
- Paper Towels
- Popup Hamper – After each day we put all of our dirty clothes in our hamper. They are all in one spot and when we return home, I take it straight to the laundry room for washing. Keeps things simple.
- Grilling Tools
- Good Knife – We keep this set in the camper.
- Bottle Opener
- Cutting Board or Mat – These fold, store, and clean easily.
- Water Bottles
- Ziplock Bags
- Dinner Ware
- Kitchen Tools
- Coffee Cups
- Dish Soap
- Coffeemaker – This is perfect for making coffee camping!
- Toaster – My son loves waffles every morning. This is a simple and small item we can store in the camper.
- Trash Bags
- Cleaning Spray or Wipes
- Frying Pan Cooking Spray