WeWash Des Moines | 24-Hour Laundry Service
Life is busy and I am all for delegating the not so fun, pesky tasks. Whether it be cleaning or cooking if someone else’s passion is my pain, they can have it. If you are located in Des Moines, Iowa you can now delegate another task! Two local moms have started WeWash Des Moines so you can spend time where it matters most.
Claudia and Stephanie are the two rockstar moms behind WeWash Des Moines. We all know my love for supporting women in business and they are two moms who took their hate for laundry and turned it into a business. They get it. Life is full of kids’ activities, meetings, family get-togethers, homework, and so on. Laundry should not be another item on your to-do list. Let WeWash Des Moines takeover!
How it Works
I have been sharing our family’s experience with WeWash Des Moines on our social media channels and I have received a ton of questions! So, how does this work?
- Head to WeWash Des Moines and click on the blue button labeled ‘Schedule a pickup’.
- Create your account.
- Select ‘Create New Order’.
- Select an option! The wonderful thing about WeWash Des Moines is they offer laundry only, dry cleaning only or a combination of both. WeWash Des Moines understands that every family is different and requires different laundry needs.
- Choose your pick-up date. They will pick-up your laundry between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. on the date you select. You do not need to be home when they pick-up or when they drop-off. Just place your bag outside or if you have somewhere else you would like to place your bag, there is an area to make notes on your order.
- Input special instructions and preferences. Do you have certain shirts/ pants that need to be on a hanger? Let them know! These notes will also autosave, so you only have to remember once to tell them.
- Select your detergent and dryer preference. I am not a huge fan of scented, so I was very pleased to see that you could select what type of detergent is used. They also have an option to provide your own detergent if you have very specific preferences.
- Enter billing.
- Place your order.
Approximately 12 hours before your pick-up time you will receive a text to remind you to place your laundry out. And because we are parents and forget everything, you will also receive a text when the driver is on their way.
When your order is complete, you will receive an email with your receipt and your laundry within 24 hours. How cool is that?!?
Next-Day | $1.95 per pound
Same-Day | $3 per pound
On average our family of four has about 40 to 45 pounds of laundry per week. Which is crazy! I never knew how much we had until I started using WeWash Des Moines.
Additional Costs | Dry cleaning, duvet covers, bath mats, comforter, and other miscellaneous items. Take a look at their pricing list.
How do I get one of those amazing WeWash Des Moines bags?
There is a place to add one to your order when you are ordering online. They will return your laundry in that bag. Until then, or if you do not have a bag, you can place your laundry in a trash bag for pick up.
Do I need to provide hangers?
No. WeWash Des Moines not only has adult hangers but kids ones too! We do place our hangers back in the bag each week at pick up so they can reuse them. If you have specific hangers you would like used, include them in your bag.
Does WeWash Des Moines service everywhere?
Not yet! Take a look at all their service areas.
Follow WeWash Des Moines
Website | WeWash Des Moines
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/WeWashDSM/
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/WeWash_DSM/