Monthly Magic Delivered to Your Inbox
Amelia has always been my artsy, crafty, hands-on child. She has always asked to paint or do a craft. It was super easy for me to just grab whatever art supplies and let her go to town. Pinterest has been great, but it can be overwhelming to search for something to do and then gather all the supplies. If you are like me, I tend to fall down the Pinterest rabbit hole and end up getting nothing accomplished. Enter in The Magic Playbook a subscription of monthly kid printables.
The Magic Playbook is literally magic delivered to your email inbox on the 15th of every month. I came across this subscription service a few months ago and it has been the best thing ever!
Each month The Magic Playbook will send you a curated PDF packet of activities, printables, crafts, recipes, and more to do with your children each month. Typically the packet is between 50-60 pages of goodness! It includes the printable, ideas, and tips to do with the kids. On top of that, they have an Amazon shop with direct links to purchase any supplies you may need to do the activity. Typically, I have these things on hand, but will sometimes purchase between 2-3 things per month.
The Magic Playbook also includes a ‘Checklist’ that breaks down each month’s ideas such as sensory, crafts, recipes, activities, and games. In addition, they include a special printable or recipe for the parent. On top of that this monthly magic includes a reading list and screen time ideas to go along with the theme of the month. Think Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, weather, etc.
On top of the monthly playbook, they add a couple bonuses each month to the portal. They are always so fun and do not disappoint. In February they loaded a Black History Month kit which was so helpful in starting conversations with the kids. We learned so much and now have this resource available at any time to play with.
The cost for this magic goodness is $9 per month or $84 annually. They have even recently added an option where you can pay an additional $15 to have the printables printed on cardstock and shipped directly to you!
Steps to Prepare for the Month
Each month when the new Magic Playbook is released I recommend following the steps below to help set yourself up easily for a month of fun crafts and activities.
- Login to the Member Portal and download the playbook.
- Save it to your computer, so you can always have access to it. You will have access to it in the portal for 1-month.
- Go through the playbook and take note of all the crafts, recipes, and activities you think the kids will enjoy.
- Print all the necessary items.
- Now, cut and laminate items such as signs or flags.
- Head to The Magic Playbook Amazon shop to purchase any items you may not have on hand. Each month they link every specific item you may need.
- Put all the printables into a gallon size bag and place them in your craft/activity area.
- Now, everything is ready for the month. You will not have to think about anything else until the next Magic Playbook is released!