The YESS Duck Derby, presented by Bob Brown Auto, is back for its 9th year in and it is sure to be the most spec-quack-ular one yet! Adopt a duck and join the fun on Saturday, May 7th at the Jordan Creek Town Center for this family-fun event that “quacks up” the young and young at heart. Proceeds support the thousands of children who count on Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) each year for shelter and care.
The fun starts at Noon, when you can enjoy FREE family-friendly entertainment including:
- Free food samples from Jordan Creek-area restaurants
- Hands-on opportunities for kids to check out machinery, construction trucks, and emergency vehicles
- Special appearances from Quacky and other crazy characters
- Live family-friendly performances
- The duck cannon and other duck-themed activities
- Activity booths and handouts from event partners
- Duck-themed hats, shirts, necklaces and other gear available for purchase
- Inflatables, games, crafts and other outdoor activities for kids of all ages
At 2:00pm, the thousands of “adopted” yellow rubber ducks will race through the lake, all vying to cross the finish line first and be named Top Duck. You can adopt your ducks and cheer them on to victory and the chance to win fantastic prizes, including $10,000 cash! The full list of prizes is available here! For FAQ check here!
- Adopt a Duck (1) – $5.00
- Adopt a “Six Quack” (6) – $25.00
- Adopt a “Quackers Dozen” (12) – $50.00
- Adopt a “Flock” (25) – $100.00
All event proceeds support Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS). As Iowa’s largest provider of emergency services for youth – newborn through age 17 – YESS touches the lives of 2,000 children per year through a range of programs designed to keep kids safe and help families thrive. YESS’ network of services include Iowa’ largest and most comprehensive youth shelter as well as crisis nursery care, crisis intervention and stabilization, mental health counseling, and care coordination. Learn more about how YESS connects kids with brighter futures by visiting YESSIowa.org
The Des Moines Parent Team
Des Moines Parent has joined up with YESS to create a team! We are hoping to get tons of ducks adopted to help support the Youth Emergency Services & Shelter.
I am amazed with how much YESS supports children of all ages, all over. The services and shelter that YESS provides is crucial for our children and allows them to feel safe.
Let’s work together to have some fun, adopt ducks, and support YESS! From now until Saturday, May 7th, Des Moines Parent has some fun outings planned and will have some giveaways to help persuade all of you, to get involved!
Let’s get started! Share with friends and families! Let’s make a difference!