Are you in need for a vacation, but traveling doesn’t fit with your time schedule? Central Iowa consists of communities and areas all over, for great little “staycations”. The perfect way to relax and unwind, not far from home.
Des Moines Parent is excited to announce a new series, the Staycation Series. We are excited to introduce new places, businesses and areas all over, to give you the chance to unwind and relax not far from home. Whether you are getting away as a family or a couples weekend away, you will not want to miss experiencing these spots.
We have teamed up with Hotel Renovo, Living History Farms and The Iowa Machine Shed to bring you our very first staycation in Urbandale, Iowa!
Located in Urbandale, Iowa, Hotel Renovo is Des Moines Metros area ONLY four star hotel. Renovo is a Latin word that means “refresh, renew and revitalize”. The hotel’s vibe is just that. The decor and rooms are inspired by an urban farm theme. Whether you are staying here as a family or as a couple’s weekend away. The hotel offers a ton!
- A beautiful dining area where you can enjoy breakfast each morning.
- An open concept bar in the lobby.
- A large swimming pool and whirlpool with large pool deck.
- Renovo Rendezvous happens every Tuesday evening. These events are free to the public and are great ways to explore the hotel and have fun at the same time. Take a look at the upcoming events here.
- Play a game of bocce ball on their bocce court!
- Unwind in their comfortable and luxurious rooms.
- Borrow their bikes and bike around the complex or take them for a spin on the Greenbelt Bike Trail down the road.
Living History Farms is walking distance from your stay at Hotel Renovo. An Iowa must-see and do. Living History Farms is an interactive outdoor history museum for all ages. It provides education and entertainment while connecting people to rural life experiences.
Living History Farms regularly provides events monthly. Bring the entire family to experience the General Store, farm animals, visit the blacksmith or wander around with your significant other and enjoy the scenery and history.
May 1 – August 27
Monday – Saturday: 9 to 4 p.m.
Sunday: Noon to 4 p.m.
August 30 – October 20
Wednesday – Saturday: 9 to 4 p.m.
Sunday: Noon to 4 p.m.
Children (ages 2-12): $9.00
Children 1 and under: Free
The Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant is an Iowa based restaurant that opened their first restaurant in Davenport, Iowa. Now, they offer six different locations including Urbandale, Iowa right next door to Hotel Renovo and Living History Farms.
If you are looking for great, classic comfort food, this is the place to go! They are “Dedicated to the American Farmer.” Whether you stop in for their amazing brunch they offer on the weekends or dinner, you will not be disappointed.
Breakfast: 6 to 10:45 a.m.
Limited Breakfast (M-F): 11 a.m. to Noon
Lunch: 11 to 3 p.m.
Dinner: 3 to 10 p.m.
Breakfast: 7 to 10:45 a.m.
Dinner: 11 to 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 to 1 p.m.
We have teamed up with these three amazing businesses to bring you a great giveaway! YOU have a chance to experience a staycation in Urbandale, Iowa and enjoy all of what Hotel Renovo, Living History Farms and the Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant has to offer.
The Staycation: Urbandale Giveaway includes:
- A complimentary one night stay in a standard room at the Hotel Renovo in Urbandale, Iowa- based on availability.
- 4 free passes into Living History Farms
- $25 gift certificate to Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant