My kiddos love raw cookie dough (and to be honest, so do I). The problem is I am not a huge fan of giving them raw eggs. Call me crazy, but I’m a little paranoid of Salmonella. So I did some searching and found this great Raw Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites recipe. The great thing about these bites is I don’t need to worry about raw egg, plus it’s also gluten free so my wife can eat them (I guess that means less for me, so maybe not a good thing?). You could say these Cookie Dough Bites are a crowd pleaser in my house. Try them today!
- ½ cup creamy raw peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, honey and vanilla until creamy and well blended. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, ground flax seed and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Use your hands to knead the dough. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more coconut flour. If it’s too dry and doesn’t hold together well, knead in one teaspoon of water. Fold in the dark chocolate chips. Scoop out tablespoon-size portions and roll into one-inch balls using your hands to create a bite-sized treat.
- Refrigerate bites for 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 18 cookie bites.