Iowa State Fair 2018: For the Kids
You can see
The Iowa State Fair unveiled the Thrill Parks last year and it was a hit. Thrill Parks consists of Thrill Ville, Thrill Town and Thrill Zone.
- Thrill Ville: This includes the newest, fastest and most thrilling rides. This will be located between the Grandstand and Ye Old Mill.
- Thrill Town: These rides are perfect for little fairgoers and their families. There will even be stroller parking available. The rides are kid friendly, fun and clean. It will be located east of Gate 10 and directly north of the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center Lawn. This is perfect so you do not have to navigate through the larger Thrill Park areas.
- Thrill Zone: These rides are for those seeking breathtaking and heart-stopping rides. This is located on the southwest corner of the Fairgrounds.
- Blue Ribbon Kids Club Tent:
- Petting Zoo: See and pet camels, zebras, alpacas and more.
- Children’s Hill: Shows, activities, and playground with the train.
- Art Attack: Located in the Cultural building activities such as pottery, beads, painting and much more.
Enjoy STEM Day at the fair on Sunday, August 19. It is a fun and interactive day and is held on Extreme Sunday which is the lowest priced day of the Iowa State Fair. STEM DAY is hosted by the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council and the day is filled with hand-son activities centered around science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Meet on the Grand Concourse where all ages can experience up to 25 hands-on STEM activities, watch STEM stage acts every hour, and complete a checklist along the way to win cool prizes.