Disclosure: This post was created in partnership with Goddess Garden. All thoughts are my very own. #GiveChemicalsTheBird
Summer is in full swing! Whether you are jumping on the trampoline, visiting your favorite animal at the zoo, going down water slides, or taking a family bike ride, protection from the sun is important. Sunscreen is a complicated topic. I have heard information from both sides of the spectrum. I found Goddess Garden’s sunscreen last summer and was extremely excited when I was given the opportunity to share with all of you why Goddess Garden’s sunscreen is different then others on the market.
After having her daughter, Paige, Nova Covington became more aware of the skincare industry. Her daughter was allergic to chemicals in traditional bath and other cosmetic products. Due to this Nova and her husband, Paul Halter set out to create safe skincare solutions. With Nova’s herbalist background and Paul’s nutrition science degree, they knew there was a better option.
Traditional sunscreens contain chemicals such as oxybenzone and octinoxate. They also contain inactive ingredients like phthalates and parabens. These chemicals are linked to all sorts of conditions including allergies and hormone disruption. It is also important to remember that hormones control much more than female reproduction systems, they control systems for everything in your body! Knowing just this information, I understand the fear of placing sunscreen on your family may be a little troubling.
Chemicals vs. Minerals
What makes Goddess Garden different? Their sunscreens are made of nature minerals. Natural minerals reflect the UV rays and are not absorbed into the skin, which means it is less likely to cause irritation. They are free of toxic chemicals!
Broad-Spectrum Protection, naturally
Sunscreens that are full of chemicals protect against UVB (burning rays), but not all protect against early aging. On the other hand, zinc oxide protects against from both UVB and UVA (aging and damaging) rays.
Better for the environment!
There have been studies done that show the chemicals in traditional sunscreens, oxybenzone and octinoxate, are damahing the coral reef. Goddess Garden’s sunscreen are made of minerals, which are from the Earth, they are safe!
Everyone loves options and Goddess Garden strives to offer different options for each family. Their organic sunscreen is available in forms!
- Everyday Natural Sunscreen – SPF 30, non-greasy application is good all day, every day!
- Facial Natural Sunscreen – SPF 30 and full of nourishing and natural antioxidants such as aloe vera, shea butter, and immortelle essential oils. Wear daily!
- Everyday Continuous Spray Natural Sunscreen – My favorite and the one I wear daily! Easy to apply and contains only naturally occurring minerals organic plant-based ingredients.
- Sport Natural Sunscreen Continuous Natural Sunscreen – Perfect if you and your family love hiking, biking, surfing and more. This sunscreen is purposely made for rugged outdoor use.
- Orange Vanilla Natural Mineral Sunscreen Lip Balm – It’s like a dreamsicle on your lips! What better way to protect your lips from the sun? It is certified-organic and beeswax free.
- and tons more options!
Interested in trying out Goddess Garden Sunscreen yourself? Enter in to win …
- 3.4 oz. Facial Tube
- 6 oz. Kids Tube
- 0.6 oz Kids Sport sunscreen stick
Three awesome necessities to keep your kiddos safe all summer long!