The Best Elf on the Shelf Ideas for Lazy Parents
It may only be fall now, but mark my words, the holidays will be upon us very soon. If you’re anything like me, you need these best Elf on the Shelf Ideas for lazy parents that I rounded up ASAP!
Let’s face it. This is a year unlike any other, and to be frank, I am tired. In fact, I am more than tired. Just the thought of having to come up with a million and one ways our family’s elf can get into trouble, is beyond exhausting. And I know I’m not the only mama feeling this way.
And that, my friends, is why I decided to share some stress-free Elf on the Shelf ideas with you! Let me at least take some of the elf brainstorming weight off your shoulders. I’m sure your holiday to-do list is already plenty full!
Seriously, we have enough to worry about! Whether or not your elf moves because you may or may not have forgotten to arrange it in some Pinterest worthy manner, is certainly not something we need to stress over. Sorry not sorry!
So, frankly, these Elf on the Shelf tips aren’t just for lazy parents like me. That’s right. I said it. They are for every parent who just wants to roll over and wake up in 2021. Haha!
Now that we’re clear on that, let’s get down to brass tacks…Each and every idea below will take you very little set-up time. You can save those precious extra minutes for sipping a steaming cup of hot cocoa in front of the fire!
Super Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas
1. Have your elf gift your kids something. They will be so excited by the new surprise, they won’t care that their elf was less than creative with its time. Haha! The Dollar Tree has plenty of budget-friendly gift options!
2. Grab a tube of toothpaste and have your elf write something cheeky on the counter. It really doesn’t get much easier than this folks!
3. Send your elf to a “Christmas tree farm,” to collect pre-packaged Christmas tree-shaped cakes. All you need are a toy truck and the cakes. And if you’re feeling frisky, this printable sign is too cute!
4. Get your elf in on the e-learning action with printable backdrops and a toothpick pointer. Does this one hit too close to home? Eek!
5. It’s time to adopt a pet. Pick up an inexpensive stuffed animal and print out this pet adoption form. Easy peasy!!
6. Set your elf up with some snow so he can build a proper snowman out of marshmallows. This will take you seconds. Seriously!
7. Have your elf bake some elf size cookies or simply cut a few out from store-bought cookies. The choice is yours!
8. Get out the kids’ paints and whip up a masterpiece and give credit to your budding artist elf. The quicker you paint it, the more avant-garde it will look. Ha!
9. Tangle your elf up in the Christmas tree lights. They’re already on the tree. Make them do double duty. This is the epitome of Elf on the Shelf ideas for lazy parents. Just sayin’.
10. I think I saved the best for last because this final Elf on the Shelf idea means you don’t have to move your elf for two whole weeks! That’s right. It’s time to put your elf in quarantine. Bwah!
11. If you really want to make things easy, purchase the ultimate Christmas Elf Kit from Happy Little Elf Shop. The Deluxe Elf Kit is filled with 24 days of shelf ideas that include directions, props, activities, and more. You will find a step-by-step guide on how to create the specific elf scene. Each night, head to your box, grab a bag and set up the scene. You will be done in 5 minutes or less!
So, can you breathe a sigh of relief now or what? Your Elf on the Shelf season is nearly SET thanks to all these fun, yet easy Elf on the Shelf ideas for lazy parents!