Friday, June 23; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, June 24; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, June 25; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Complete Schedule – AWESOME feature! If you want to save an event so you remember when and where it is happening, you can click “Add to my calendar” and it will add to your mobile calendar.
Below is a small list of children’s activities being offered by local businesses and organizations, some are located in the Creative Family Zone. Some are free and some may ask for a small fee or donation.
- Make a paper hat at the Des Moines Register booth
- Color at the MidAmerican Engery’s Boom Art
- Prairie Meadows will have spin art
- Paint a t-shirt or paint a picture at Pinot’s Pallette
- Lots of food including Thelma’s Cookies + ice slushies
- And so MUCH MORE!
Other activities + events your kiddos will love …
- Stop by the Arts Festival Shop and purchase a t-shirt or backpack, then walk next door to decorate it yourself.
- Live music! There is a lot open green space! Find a place to relax and enjoy one of the many artists lined -up to perform. The kids will love to dance and run!
- Let the children run through and explore the John & Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park.
Some tips to make your life a bit easier with kids …
- Bring cash! Some food vendors and shops may accept cards, but not all. There are 4 different ATM locations.
- If you are bringing a stroller, throw a large blanket and/or foldable chair for sitting & listening to the live music.
- Bring water bottles & snacks! There are food vendors, but you may want to eat one big meal.
- Check out the schedule and add the events you would like to see to you mobile calendar, so you have it on hand.