Bloom with Grace at the Bomb Mom Getaway
Motherhood is one of the hardest jobs of my life. I know as you are reading this, you feel the exact same way. The duties of motherhood are complex. We are constantly running around making meals, taking kids to activities, worried about that virus our four-year-old caught, creating time to connect with our partners, juggling a social life of our own, and working towards our own dreams.
All while doing all the things we are actively learning. We are learning the best way to teach our children kindness while being kind to ourselves. We are learning the best ways to communicate with our partners and when to say ‘no’ and allowing ourselves to slow down.
Taking time for ourselves is few and far between, but it is the most important thing we can do for ourselves. We hear it all the time. We know we need to do it, but we do not regularly stick to it. It is important that we slow down and take time to bloom with grace.
The Bomb Mom Getaway was the perfect opportunity to slow down, learn more about ourselves and to grow all within a safe and connected atmosphere. Dani Gohr, founder of the Catch This Mama podcast did an amazing job bringing together amazing speakers and activities to fill our cups for an entire weekend.
- Screen printed our own ‘Bomb Mom’ t-shirt with The Side Garage.
- Potted our own ‘You Grow Girl” succulents to take home.
- Danced the night away to 90’s rap, Backstreet Boys and more.
- Honey Creek Resort was the perfect setting of our weekend getaway. Although it rained, the sun did make an appearance in the afternoon where we were encouraged to enjoy a hike, walk, bike ride or to play in the amazing Bubble Balls from Bounce DM.
- Created a fun sign with The Knotty Nail.
- Enjoyed yoga with Yoga by Mary and created our own essential oil roller to take home.
- Laughed the night away listening to the hilarious Meredith from That’s Inappropriate.
- Kicked off the morning to yoga with Libby Trausch of Breathe Physical Therapy & Wellness and chatted about the importance of strengthening our pelvic floor.
- Anne Adametz brought so much light into my life. Her job, every day, is to help women realize they are unlimited potential. She discussed matras such as ‘it is’ and more to keep us grounded.
“Regardless of the outcome, we recite the phrase ‘It is'” – Anne Adametz
- Quick makeup tips for the busy mom with DollUp Beauty based out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Fun and easy hairstyle tricks from Trixie’s Salon.
- Learned all about capsule wardrobes with one of my favorite bloggers and Instagrammers, Sarah Kelly, The Haute Homemaker.
- My favorite of the entire weekend was author Erin Loechner. She is the author of one of my new favorite books, ‘Chasing Slow‘.
- We heard stories from two amazing and inspiring moms Tanya Hammond Green founder of Empower Her Co. and Amanda Svoboda, owner of Little House On Main.
It can be hard to take the time and put money towards ourselves. It is important to know that you need to take the time to slow down and to place ourselves in situations where we can bloom with grace. I am extremely appreciative of the Bomb Mom Getaway opportunity and that I invested in myself.