Halloween means it’s time to carve some pumpkins. Once the fun (messy) job of digging out the pumpkins seeds is done, it’s time to cook up some pumpkin seeds. This sweet and salty recipe will have your whole family wanting more!
Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Author: Des Moines Parent
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds, rinsed (wash in colander) and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300° F. Spread the seeds on baking sheet and bake until dry throughout, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss the seeds with the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Return the seeds to the baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
You May Also Like...
- Healthy Parent: Mall Walking at Merle Hay Mall - January 30, 2015
- Souper Bowl with the Kids: Mac and Cheese Style - January 29, 2015
- Spring Break Rescue Camp with the ARL - January 28, 2015
- Float Away the Parenting Stress?! - January 26, 2015
- Weekend and After Hours Clinics for Your Family - January 25, 2015
- Go Red & Read w/ Clifford the Big Red Dog - January 22, 2015
- HappyFeet: Soccer Fun for Your Little One - January 18, 2015
- Disney Junior is Coming to Des Moines - January 17, 2015
- DramaTykes: A Class for Your Little Actor - January 14, 2015
- Banana Splits: A Fun Drop-In Class Opportunity - January 9, 2015