2 years ago I came up with my first Spring Bucket List with the Kiddos. I like to print it out and keep a copy on the fridge so I have an easy “go to” list of activities to do with my kids. As my kids continue to grow older (5 & 7 now) I decided to give the list a bit of an update. So here is my updated (Version 2.0) “WAY TOO EARLY” Spring Bucket List with the kiddos. I know what you’re thinking. Spring isn’t officially here until Monday, March 20th. But with the lack of sunshine and cold temps can’t a boy dream?
Here is my Spring Bucket List with the Kiddos:
1. Get decked out in green and watch the St. Patrick’s Day Parade downtown (March 17th).
2. Make some St. Patrick’s Day crafts and snacks.
3. Go on a bike ride.
4. Make a bird feeder.
5. Do some Earth Day Crafts (Earth Day is Saturday, April 22nd).
6. Visit the Butterfly Wing at Reiman Gardens.
7. Do some fun Easter Crafts.
8. Pick some wildflowers and let the kids decide who to give them to.
9. Spot a rainbow and try to find a pot of gold!
10. Enjoy the scenery, eat some Dutch Letters and watch the parade at the Pella Tulip Festival.
11. Visit the Jester Park Natural Playscape.
12. Stroll Around the Lake District at Jordan Creek and feed the ducks.
13. Plant an indoor garden.
14. Have a picnic at Raccoon River Park.
15. Walk barefoot on the grass.
16. Have some bubble fun.
17. Fly a kite.
18. Go puddle jumping
19. Play outside in the rain.
20. Go for a family hike at Browns Woods.
21. Family Trip to the Omaha Zoo and Omaha Children’s Museum.
22. Lie down in the grass and watch the clouds fly by.
23. Take in an Iowa Cubs Game.
24. Draw a hopscotch board on the sidewalk and show the kids how it’s done.
25. Head to the local fishing hole and catch one “THIS BIG”.
26. Buy journals for the kids to draw and write about Spring Life.
27. Make Mud Pies!
28. Go to Gray’s Lake and skip some rocks.
29. Visit a park we have never been to before.
30. Get our hands in the dirt and go worm hunting.