I came across this recipe while meal planning about a week ago. We had most of the ingredients on hand and I did a bit of subbing. The great thing about a One Pot Pasta, it is really hard to mess it up! I highly recommend this recipe, for a quick meal!
- 1 lb spaghetti – Whole grain is best!
- 1 (12.8 oz) sausage sliced – Any sausage can be used. I used Chicken Apple Gouda sausage from Costco.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups basil, loosely packed – Cannot wait for Spring & Summer when I can use from my garden!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan – I used more and shredded.
- Place all items, including 4 1/12 cups water, in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer, uncovered. Cook until pasta is thoroughly cooked and liquid has reduced.
- Stir in parmesan cheese!
- Serve with a side salad.