Jordan Creek Town Center has been a lifesaver for me over the past couple of years. During the winter you will find me there on Saturday mornings walking the kids around the mall. I’m the tired looking one with a Starbucks in my hand and 2 little kids sporting a cake pop in their hands. We love to hit the play area before the mall opens and it’s just been sanitized. Then when 9am strikes the clock we make our ways to Barnes and Noble to check out the kids books and play on the little stage. Once in a while I will even break down and buy them an overpriced book (usually these are moments of weakness when I am too tired to really know what I’m doing – I call this Mr. Mom Syndrome). But, when the weather is nice we say goodbye to the inside of the mall and hit the pedestrian walkways around the Lake District.
The Lake District, which technically should be called a the Pond District (because come on, it’s not a lake), boasts a nice walking trail surrounding the “lake”. There are ducks and geese for the kids to feed along the way, so make sure to bring some bread or Cheerios along with you. Both my kids also love the speakers all around the trail that have feel good music playing so the kids can dance. On the north side of the trail you will find an amphitheater that provides a great opportunity for some exercise for the kids (tire them out).
So the next time the kids wake you up at the crack of dawn or you are just looking for something to do, head out to Jordan Creek and find some free entertainment for the kids, some exercise for yourself and maybe even a new appreciation for the wonder that is Starbucks Coffee.
You May Also Like...
- Souper Bowl with the Kids: Mac and Cheese Style - January 29, 2015
- Spring Break Rescue Camp with the ARL - January 28, 2015
- Float Away the Parenting Stress?! - January 26, 2015
- Weekend and After Hours Clinics for Your Family - January 25, 2015
- Go Red & Read w/ Clifford the Big Red Dog - January 22, 2015
- HappyFeet: Soccer Fun for Your Little One - January 18, 2015
- Disney Junior is Coming to Des Moines - January 17, 2015
- DramaTykes: A Class for Your Little Actor - January 14, 2015
- Banana Splits: A Fun Drop-In Class Opportunity - January 9, 2015
- Building Family Connections through Yoga - January 9, 2015