The Renaissance Faire is in it’s 13th year of providing fun, education, performances, and so much more! The annual Des Moines Renaissance Faire is taking place the first three weekends of September.
Knights & Royals Theme
September 5th, 6th & 7th
- Featured act stunt artist Crazy Boy Coy from Kansas City
- Recording artists Orckes & Trolles pub trio
- Have Court Will Travel royal entourage
Highlanders & Lucky Lasses Theme
September 12th & 13th
- Featured act Sons of the Mist
- Music recording group 3 Pints Gone from Milwaukee
- “Comedy Hamlet”, touring immersion into hilarious Shakespeare
- There will be two authentic and historically themed wedding ceremonies on Saturday
Pirates & Wenches Theme
September 19th & 20th
- It’s International Talk Like A Pirate Day!
- Featured act Dead Pirate Comedy Show with a working animatronic pirate character
- Bawdy Buccaneers singing stage show
- Recording artist Pog-Mo-Thon band from Nebraska
- The Queen’s real birthday on the 19th!
Things to do!
- Watch the outstanding equestrian jousting spectacle. Three shows per day! Fire and comedic theatrics included in the shows.
- Blue Rose Mermaid in her water pond villa
- Faerie Queen Titania and her treehouse troupe of storybook creatures
- Forking Queen and her fun activities yard at the children’s realm
- William & Blackjack’s dragon stories on the children’s stage
- Hands-on activities
- Try archery!
- Try knife tossing!
- The Queen darts
- DaVinci’s sky chair carousel ride
- Rolling Hills stables pony rides
- Piggy petting!
- Axe tossing
- Sword play lessons
- Daily treasure hunts
- Assisting the village blacksmith
- Check out the old English castle town
- Check out the “hi-tech theme park” torture chamber museum and free tours during festival hours! This is a preview to the park’s October/Halloween experience!
- Craft merchants
- Old-world souvenir shops
- Check out all the shopping here!
- Onsite prepared meals
- Novelty treats
- Themed beverages
- Several pubs with adult beverages
- Van Wijk Winery gazebo
- Check out all food vendors here!
Location & Hours
Castle Park, behind Sleepy Hollow Sports Park
10 am – 6 pm
Rain or Shine!
$16 for adults
$8 for kids ages 5 to 12 years
Tots are FREE!
2-day passes for adults $25
7-day season passes $40
Group and Military discount on Sundays
Look for $2 off coupons at Casey’s General Stores