My daughter went thru a period where she didn’t like broccoli at all. I tried putting cheese on it, hiding it in various casseroles, but she just wouldn’t eat it. But, one thing that my daughter did like eating was Cole Slaw. So, one day when I was walking down the aisle at Trader Joe’s and saw Organic Broccoli Slaw, a light bulb went off in my head. Could this be the answer to getting my daughter to eat broccoli?
I got home and decided to give it a try. I didn’t feel like going all out and whipping up some homemade Cole Slaw dressing, so I just mixed the Broccoli Slaw (shredded broccoli and carrots) with some ranch dressing already in the fridge and crossed my fingers. I put it in a big bowl and started eating it myself, knowing that my daughter would be intrigued and want a bite. As soon as I took a bite I heard, “Daddy, bite please”. So I gave her a small bite. She slowly chewed it and then asked for another bite…. and another. She almost ate up the whole bowl on her own…. and then wanted more. So finally I found the answer to the broccoli dilemma (for now).
If you are in a similar situation with your picky eater, definitely give Broccoli Slaw a shot. If any one else out there has any similar food secrets, do leave a comment and share.
You May Also Like...
- Float Away the Parenting Stress?! - January 26, 2015
- Weekend and After Hours Clinics for Your Family - January 25, 2015
- Go Red & Read w/ Clifford the Big Red Dog - January 22, 2015
- HappyFeet: Soccer Fun for Your Little One - January 18, 2015
- Disney Junior is Coming to Des Moines - January 17, 2015
- DramaTykes: A Class for Your Little Actor - January 14, 2015
- Banana Splits: A Fun Drop-In Class Opportunity - January 9, 2015
- Building Family Connections through Yoga - January 9, 2015
- Story Sprouts at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden - January 8, 2015
- Kids in Harmony: A Music Class for Young Children - January 6, 2015